Dreamcatcher





My fascination towards collecting handmade things took me to the famous Saturday night market in Arpora, Goa. The market, as the name goes, starts at about six every Saturday evening and continues till late in the night. I was awestruck by the sight of the wares on sale. It had almost everything ranging from home decor items to clothes and a variety of silver and stone jewellery. Seeking to satiate a curio-collector's apetite, my eyes caught the sight of something I'd been looking for since a long time. They were the colourful dreamcatchers hanging  at one of the many shops run by foreigners in the night market. I bought one with blue and pink feathers as it appeared more quainty to my eyes than others displayed in the shop. 
Dreamcatchers were initially conceptualised by Native American people to filter good dreams from bad ones. These are made from leather, twine, feathers and a loop. 
Here's the picture of my dreamcatcher. 

Comments

Popular Posts