How to paint easily on an empty bottle :tips and tricks


I believe upcycling old things make the most beautiful creations. I am a person who loves vintage decor, art and crafts. Here is another DIY I did with this empty bottle. I painted it in acrylic colours and made patterns like vintage tiles. It looked so elegant when I placed it on my side table. It matched so well with the turquoise elephant!



Things to keep in mind when painting a glass bottle :

  • Clean the bottle nicely by soaking in hot water for an hour. Scrape the labels with the help of a knife.
  • Wipe and dry the bottle
  • Paint a base coat of white 
  • Paint the second coat 
  • Dry the base coats properly in sun.
  • Draw any design with the help of marker pens available in market
  • Paint carefully with the help of brush ( I have used zero number acrylic paint brush from Itsybitsy )
  • I have used Camel Artist's acrylic colors in turquoise, white and shades of blue

So next time when you want to throw that mason jar or bottle, think again and get it DIYed. Happy crafting!





Comments

Popular Posts